All facility owners and managers know that keeping a facility or facilities clean is very hard work. There are 3 main factors to consider when choosing to bring in a professional janitorial service:
- Cost in Money – Money is always a consideration whether you have a razor thin budget or are flush with cash. Cash you save can always be used on other things you need.
- Cost in Resources – Time, Energy, and Stress are some of the main resources spent while cleaning your facility. Calls and complaints made because of a dirty or under maintained facility will result in wastes of your time and energy while it increases your stress level.
- Cost Of Improperly Maintaining Your Facility – If you don’t keep your facility maintained you can lose tenants or customers, not to mention the decline in the value of your asset.
The Cost of Going It Alone
When budgets get thin, some business owners and managers try to handle maintenance on their own. This is a successful strategy for only very few companies because most company’s management teams already have a full plate. Managing maintenance can quickly be pushed aside for more pressing issues. Since most managers and owners don’t have much experience with the cleaning industry, they could be leaving themselve open to potential problems that come home to roost later. Owners and manager who decide to go it alone are basically opening up a janitorial service within their own business, so in most cases the total cost of cleaning and maintenance would be lower if they elected to use a Kansas City janitorial service such as Elite Clean Co. Bringing in a professional janitorial service will allow businesses and their employees to concentrate on their core business and their bottom lines.
- Most janitorial service firms, like Elite Clean Co, can buy the cleaning supplies and paper products at a significant savings since they purchase them in bulk
- Business owners and Office Manager won’t need to purchase cleaning equipment or maintain it
- A janitorial service firm like Elite Clean Co manages and pays their own team members, proving less employee welfare expense risk and less headaches for their clients
Finding the Right Kansas City Janitorial Service
Some of the factors you need to weigh when selecting a commercial cleaning company are the level of service, trust, professionalism, responsiveness and the cost.
Size matters. Your facility can become one little account to a huge national commercial cleaning company. Not a very good position of leverage for most smaller facilities. On the flip side if you choose a commercial cleaning company that is too small or too green you could receive less than desirable service. You’re best bet is a locally owned and professionally run janitorial company that has been around for awhile and has a good reputation. These companies will have all the systems and procedures in place that many larger janitorial service companies have but also be more responsiveness to your needs.
It All Comes Down To…
- Transparent Pricing – Sets the tone for a positive working relationship and everyone is on the same page.
- Responsive Service – All companies make mistakes but the good companies provide timely and responsive service when they do.
- Quality People – The best cleaning companies find, train, and reward their employees. In turn the employees stay with the company long term